- Administrative Practice and Governmental Affairs
- Appellate Practice
- Automotive Dealers
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Rights
- Commercial Real Estate
- Commercial, Complex, and Class Action Litigation
- Construction Law
- Corporate and Business Practice
- Corporate/Public Finance and Securities Law
- Economic Development
- Environmental Law
- Estate Planning and Probate
- Federal, State and Local Taxation
- Financial Services
- Foreclosure, Real Estate and Commercial Loan Workouts
- Healthcare (Business and Regulatory)
- Healthcare and Medical Liability
- Insurance Defense and Coverage Law
- Intellectual Property
- Labor and Employment Law
- Media Law
- Mediation and Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Mergers, Acquisitions, and Dispositions of Businesses
- Nonprofit and Tax Exempt Organizations
- Pharmaceutical, Biologic, and Medical Device Litigation
- Products Liability
- Professional Liability and Licensure Matters
- Tax Credits
- Utility and Energy Law
Rushton Stakely Welcomes the Firm’s Second-Half Summer Associates
Rushton Stakely welcomes Taimoor Arshad, Haleigh Chambliss, Emma Colson, and John Hemmings to the firm’s second-half Summer Associate Program, which runs from June 28th through August 8th. Summer Associates at Rushton Stakely perform legal research, draft memoranda and briefs, and attend depositions, hearings, trials and mediations.
Taimoor Arshad, from Montgomery, Alabama, has completed his first year at The University of Alabama School of Law. He serves as Senator of the Student Bar Association and is a member of the American Constitution Society, National Lawyers Guild, and Public Interest Student Board. He graduated summa cum laude from The University of Alabama in 2020 with a Bachelor of Science in Biology.
Haleigh Hurt Chambliss
Haleigh Chambliss, from Halls, Tennessee, has completed her first year at Cumberland School of Law, Samford University. She is a member of the Cumberland Public Interest Society; Center for Children, Law, and Ethics: Human Trafficking Team; the Alabama Student Bar Association; and Women in Law. She graduated cum laude from University of Mississippi in 2019 with a Bachelor of Science in Marketing Communications.
Emma Colson, from Montgomery, Alabama, has completed her first year at Tulane University Law School. She is a member of OUTLaw and Tulane Women in Law. She graduated from The University of Alabama in 2019 with a Bachelor of Arts in African American Studies and Theatre, Minor in Women’s Studies. She has served as a volunteer for Five Horizons Health Services, Women and Gender Resource Center, Druid City Pride, and Human Rights Campaign.
John D. Hemmings, III
John Hemmings, from Montgomery, Alabama, has completed his first year at The University of Alabama School of Law. He is a member of the Federalist Society and the Law and Economics Society. He graduated summa cum laude from The University of Alabama in 2020 with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science. He is interested in governmental affairs, speech and debate, sports, and travel.