- Administrative Practice and Governmental Affairs
- Appellate Practice
- Automotive Dealers
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Rights
- Commercial Real Estate
- Commercial, Complex, and Class Action Litigation
- Construction Law
- Corporate and Business Practice
- Corporate/Public Finance and Securities Law
- Economic Development
- Environmental Law
- Estate Planning and Probate
- Federal, State and Local Taxation
- Financial Services
- Foreclosure, Real Estate and Commercial Loan Workouts
- Healthcare (Business and Regulatory)
- Healthcare and Medical Liability
- Insurance Defense and Coverage Law
- Intellectual Property
- Labor and Employment Law
- Media Law
- Mediation and Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Mergers, Acquisitions, and Dispositions of Businesses
- Nonprofit and Tax Exempt Organizations
- Pharmaceutical, Biologic, and Medical Device Litigation
- Products Liability
- Professional Liability and Licensure Matters
- Tax Credits
- Utility and Energy Law
Educational institutions face a challenging and rapidly evolving landscape. Our lawyers assist education clients in navigating the legal and regulatory complexities they face.
Rushton Stakely is a full-service firm with an education practice that spans the continuum from elementary and secondary education to higher education. We offer a broad range of knowledge and experience advising both public and private institutions, and our attorneys remain current on education-related developments. We are equipped to provide legal services specifically adapted to the education environment.
We provide legal services to educational institutions on matters involving governing body investigations, federal privacy regulations, state open meetings and records access laws, student discipline/due process proceedings, and a wide variety of labor and employment issues. We also defend educational institutions in various types of litigation, where our clients benefit from our roster of seasoned trial lawyers.
We also work regularly with administrators and in-house counsel in fashioning strategies to reduce the risks and uncertainties associated with litigation or investigations conducted by governmental units, governing bodies, and other third parties.
Our lawyers also have experience in negotiating contracts on behalf of institutions and executive-level leadership, and we assist institutions with projects such as transitioning toward a green energy platform.
Our transactional lawyers advise educational clients on various financing structures including the use of tax-exempt financing for capital projects, working capital and student housing needs, and the use tax-exempt leasing and synthetic off-balance sheet financing structures. In this regard, we have served as bond counsel, authority counsel, disclosure counsel and special tax counsel in connection with the structuring and consummation of such financings. We also represent educational clients in connection with the acquisition, development, leasing, and disposition of real property.
In addition, we understand the financial parameters in which our clients operate and we strive to control legal expenditures by carefully staffing matters and structuring fee arrangements in order to meet the needs of our clients.