- Administrative Practice and Governmental Affairs
- Appellate Practice
- Automotive Dealers
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Rights
- Commercial Real Estate
- Commercial, Complex, and Class Action Litigation
- Construction Law
- Corporate and Business Practice
- Corporate/Public Finance and Securities Law
- Economic Development
- Environmental Law
- Estate Planning and Probate
- Federal, State and Local Taxation
- Financial Services
- Foreclosure, Real Estate and Commercial Loan Workouts
- Healthcare (Business and Regulatory)
- Healthcare and Medical Liability
- Insurance Defense and Coverage Law
- Intellectual Property
- Labor and Employment Law
- Media Law
- Mediation and Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Mergers, Acquisitions, and Dispositions of Businesses
- Nonprofit and Tax Exempt Organizations
- Pharmaceutical, Biologic, and Medical Device Litigation
- Products Liability
- Professional Liability and Licensure Matters
- Tax Credits
- Utility and Energy Law
Rushton Stakely is pleased to announce that shareholder, J. Theodore Jackson, Jr., has been selected as “Lawyer of the Year” in the 25th Edition of The Best Lawyers in America®. Mr. Jackson has been recognized in each edition since the inception of the publication, and has recently been honored for his work in Litigation and Controversy – Tax in Montgomery, Alabama. Only one lawyer is selected for this title in a specific practice field and location, and must obtain a number of positive votes per year for recognition in each edition.
Mr. Jackson began practicing with the firm in 1970 and has been a shareholder since 1973. He practices primarily in the areas of utility law, taxation (including tax planning and disputes arising out of audits), general corporate law, municipal and corporate finance, and the law of cooperative organizations. Mr. Jackson has substantial experience and expertise in the law of natural resources with emphasis on procurement, as well as administrative law and the drafting, analyzing, and reviewing of legislation. Additionally, he continues an active practice in estate planning, probate and administration of estates, and the representation of colleges, universities, and charitable trusts and foundations and other nonprofit organizations and their members. We are proud of Mr. Jackson’s achievements, and we appreciate his contributions to the legal community.
Best Lawyers® is a credible legal guide, highly respected for their recommendations for legal referral resources and lawyers who excel in their practice. Best Lawyers has used peer review methodology for over 30 years in the legal profession, achieving national recognition with listings published in over 70 countries worldwide.
For over 125 years, Rushton Stakely has been a highly respected leader in the Alabama legal community. Founded in 1890, the firm is now composed of 30 experienced lawyers practicing in a broad spectrum of legal fields. The firm enjoys the reputation for active and successful trial practice statewide with attorneys skilled in virtually all areas of civil litigation. Rushton Stakely and its lawyers have been recognized repeatedly for outstanding performance and quality service to its clients throughout the country.