- Administrative Practice and Governmental Affairs
- Appellate Practice
- Automotive Dealers
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Rights
- Commercial Real Estate
- Commercial, Complex, and Class Action Litigation
- Construction Law
- Corporate and Business Practice
- Corporate/Public Finance and Securities Law
- Economic Development
- Environmental Law
- Estate Planning and Probate
- Federal, State and Local Taxation
- Financial Services
- Foreclosure, Real Estate and Commercial Loan Workouts
- Healthcare (Business and Regulatory)
- Healthcare and Medical Liability
- Insurance Defense and Coverage Law
- Intellectual Property
- Labor and Employment Law
- Media Law
- Mediation and Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Mergers, Acquisitions, and Dispositions of Businesses
- Nonprofit and Tax Exempt Organizations
- Pharmaceutical, Biologic, and Medical Device Litigation
- Products Liability
- Professional Liability and Licensure Matters
- Tax Credits
- Utility and Energy Law
Best Lawyers® Names Haynes, Simmons, and Tyson Lawyer of the Year
Rushton Stakely is pleased to announce that shareholders, William S. Haynes, Christopher S. Simmons, and Fred W. Tyson have been selected as “Lawyers of the Year” in the 2021 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America®, a guide that is highly respected in the legal community. Lawyers are selected based on extensive reviews by their peers, and only one lawyer in a specific practice field and location is selected annually for this publication.
Mr. Haynes has been honored for his work in Medical Malpractice Law – Defendants in Montgomery, Alabama. He joined the firm in 1987 and has over twenty-five years’ experience litigating a broad range of civil liability cases, with his primary focus is on the defense of medical malpractice cases involving physicians, dentists, hospitals, nursing homes, and other healthcare professionals. He also has experience handling other complex litigation matters in the areas of professional liability, healthcare, and insurance defense.
Mr. Simmons has been honored for his work in Litigation and Controversy – Tax in Montgomery, Alabama. He joined the firm in 1993 and practices in state and federal taxation, corporate and business law, securities law, municipal finance, employee benefits law and estate planning. He has represented corporations, partnerships, public entities and individuals in a broad spectrum of transactions including mergers and acquisitions, tax-exempt financings, and joint ventures.
Mr. Tyson has been honored for his work in Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants in Montgomery, Alabama. He joined the firm in 1982 and has over thirty years of experience litigating a wide range of civil cases throughout the state. His practice is primarily devoted to the defense of physicians, hospitals, nurses and other healthcare professionals in medical malpractice cases. He also handles other complex litigation matters such as legal and other professional liability cases.
For 130 years, Rushton Stakely has provided the highest levels of legal service throughout the United States. Founded in 1890, the firm is now composed of over 30 experienced lawyers practicing in a broad spectrum of legal fields. From the courtroom to the board room, our lawyers will advocate for you.