- Administrative Practice and Governmental Affairs
- Appellate Practice
- Automotive Dealers
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Rights
- Commercial Real Estate
- Commercial, Complex, and Class Action Litigation
- Construction Law
- Corporate and Business Practice
- Corporate/Public Finance and Securities Law
- Economic Development
- Environmental Law
- Estate Planning and Probate
- Federal, State and Local Taxation
- Financial Services
- Foreclosure, Real Estate and Commercial Loan Workouts
- Healthcare (Business and Regulatory)
- Healthcare and Medical Liability
- Insurance Defense and Coverage Law
- Intellectual Property
- Labor and Employment Law
- Media Law
- Mediation and Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Mergers, Acquisitions, and Dispositions of Businesses
- Nonprofit and Tax Exempt Organizations
- Pharmaceutical, Biologic, and Medical Device Litigation
- Products Liability
- Professional Liability and Licensure Matters
- Tax Credits
- Utility and Energy Law
The Alabama Senate has confirmed the appointment of New Commissioner R. Austin Huffaker, Jr. to the Alabama Securities Commission (ASC). Mr. Huffaker was appointed to replace Commissioner Everett Price who completed his term with the Commission.
ASC Director Joseph Borg stated: “We welcome Commissioner Huffaker and look forward to his experience and insight on our Commission.
Commissioner R. Austin Huffaker, Jr. was recommended by his professional peers from the Alabama Bar Association. Appointed by Governor Robert Bentley, he was confirmed by the Alabama Senate and will serve a four-year term.
Mr. Huffaker has previously been appointed by the State of Alabama to represent its interests in a variety of litigation, including contract and Title VII actions. While he handles a broad range of complex litigation, in recent years the bulk of his practice has focused on the representation of clients in consumer fraud and complex litigation. Recently Mr. Huffaker was appointed to serve as one of Alabama’s three delegates for the 11th Circuit Judicial Conference for 2016.